1. Check that the area you wish to monitor is well lit.
2. If the zoom level is set to 2X, the video appears less sharp. Set it to 1X zoom.
3. Set the brightness level on the parent unit to an optimal level.
4. Carefully clean dust off the camera lens.
5. Lift the antenna on the parent unit for optimal reception.
6. Face the parent unit display away from direct sun light or other direct lighting.
7. Make sure that the camera view is not obstructed by an object.
8. Check that the camera itself has not been moved, panned, or tilted, beyond your desired viewing area.